- Math: Go through the slides and in your NB, create your own figure (only straight lines, no diagonals!) and make a tessellation. Go to slide 18 and 19 for details.
- Science and math tests signed and corrected
- Check out earth hour and #fridayforfuture
-Science: T chart for problems and solutions (look at page 26 and 30)
- English: Vocab test, do the quizlet for practice!
- Math: WB 102-103
- English: Finish the 2 worksheets (simple and compound sentences)
- Math: Finish the worksheets (all)
- Practice the new dance moves
- Math test
- Math: TB pg 250-251 #1,2,3,4,6,7
- Math corrections for the test due
- SS choice board (traveller's guide)
- Science: How do solar panels work to heat water?
- SS choice board (traveller's guide)
- Practice your dance moves (if you have spotify, the music should start from 0:06)
What are some good memories that you have of Grade 5 so far? (Think: events, activities, field trips, ICT things etc) tell WHY those are your favourite memories!
- Math: Congruent shapes slides, WB 98-99
- English: (2 students need to do conflict HP) Reread your novel and put stickmen to help you in class tomorrow! (you can use stickies to bookmark the pages if necessary!)
- Math: Line Symmetry slides and WB pg 100-101
- Science: Bring back test CORRECTED and signed
- Math: TB pg 242-243 #1,3,5 AND the worksheet
- Science: Bring back test CORRECTED and signed
- Math: Finish your worksheets, mathletics task, bring back your test signed!
- Science: Test signed with corrections
- English: Study for vocab test (quizlet, vocab chart) and read your Week 4 task 1 and 2 comments!
- Practice your dance!
Photos this week! Class photos on Wednesday.
- Science: Test. Study by doing the review on GC, finish your poster, and review your notes on PROs and CONs of renewable and NON-renewable energy sources. Read the Nelson Literacy text (there are comics, pros and cons, and a board game! page 45-66)
- Math: Finish the worksheet
- English: page 69 on the Hamburger Writing Practice PDF in Eng GC
- English: Holes Vocab week 4 task 1 and page 73 on the hamburger paragraph PDF
- Math: Test, review slides on GC, and finish the worksheet, bring your math test signed
- Dance: bring a dance move - clap 4 counts. Listen to "Alone - Marshmello"
- SS: pg 98-99 jot notes, and answering the questions on slide 56 in your jot notes doc
- English: Reread the chapters from today and use the symbols to note down the physical trait, personality traits, and conflicts you notice. Write a hamburger paragraph: "Choose one of the 4 types of conflict and briefly write about when you experienced it"
- English: Week 4 task 2
- SS: Jot notes on page 90 (New France Government) and page 91 (Missionaries). DO NOT just copy from the text - what's the point? Add words you do not understand to your SS dictionary.
- Choose a song for the SPRING CONCERT. Please listen to all of them.
- English: Holes Vocab - Week 3 Task 1 AND write a Hamburger Paragraph: describe the character Elya Yelnats, Stanley’s great-great-grandfather. Use proof from Chapter 7 in your description.
- Science: Draw a diagram to show how your wind turbine powers your house with electricity (use labels.)
- Choose a song!
- Math: Finish the slides (colouring the coordinates and writing the coordinates) and WB pg 94-95
- English: 2 Hamburger paragraphs: Rewrite your Elya paragraph (ONLY PERSONALITY traits) and Mr. Pendanski paragraph (on PHYSICAL traits only).
- English: Week 3 Task 2
- Science: Research other renewable energy sources and make jot notes (biomass, solar, geothermal, nuclear) AND write PROS and CONS for 2 of the renewable energy sources (you can choose wind, hydroelectric,biomass, solar, or geothermal)
- FIELD TRIP!!!
- SS: Jot notes on page 98-99. Add words to your dictionary. Answer 3 questions from your jot notes. (Questions are on SS GC)
- Math: Draw hidden picture in your NB
- Math: Worksheet in your NB (make sure the equations are ALGEBRAIC - needs to have a variable)
- English: Finish Holes Week 1 task 1 and 2
- Science: Finish filling in your chart (TB page 10 for the pictures)
BRING TESTS, FIELD TRIP FORM, CLASS OBSERVATION form
- Science: Define forms of energy and sources of energy. Draw a t-chart giving some examples of forms and sources of energy.
- Math: Worksheet and 10 questions on Math GC
- English: Personality and Physical traits of Stanley in your BNB
- Science: Vocab chart, students that did not finish their table or do it right, need to add to their t-chart
- English: Holes Vocab Week 2 Task 1, character sketches for Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski and add information for Stanley.
- Math: 2 worksheets in your NB, 1 worksheet on GC (you need to write 1. what letter or symbol you will use to represent the variable, 2. the algebraic equation and 3. find the variable)
- Math: Review slides 4 (If you're finished, you can make a review slide!)
- English: Hamburger paragraphs (one on your nickname at Camp Green Lake, and one on writing about a time when you got in trouble for something you did not do).
- Science: Non renewable slides, vocab chart
- English: Holes Vocab week 2 task 2, and use symbols onto the pages we read today - add what you can about relationships, physical and personality traits ONLY ON Mr. Pendanski, Mr. Sir and Stanley.
- Math: Finish the question on GC, and the review slides
- SS: 2 GC questions
- DRESS CASUAL!!!!! $20
- Math: Test. Prepare by doing the worksheets on MATH GC
- Science: Read page 5 (hydroelectricity), page 7 (wind), and 8 (fossil fuels) of the PDF on Science GC. In your NB, you will make a page for Hydroelectricity Energy. You will copy the diagram and label it. You will make jot notes from the reading about hydroelectricity. You will then make a Wind Energy page. You will also draw a diagram on how Wind Energy works (you can search it up on brainpop or google images!). Then, write jot notes from the reading. You will then make a page for fossil fuels and do the same thing by drawing a diagram and writing jot notes. You should have 3 pages of diagrams and jot notes, neatly organized with a title. I will be checking to see if you can follow instructions and show organization.
- On Saturday, I will post Spring Concert song choices, please choose an option before Monday!
Have a great weekend! What fun things do you have planned this weekend?
Things to note:
- Field trip forms to be brought back regardless of if you are coming or not
- Signed tests brought back
- Math: Mathletic tasks
- English: Animalia parts of speech sentences and find some patterns!
- SIGNED TESTS PRETTY PLEASE! You can check the checklist at school
For when you come back:
- Tests brought back and signed
- SS: Jot notes on pg 88-89, and work with your group members to create your song/rap! Practice!
- Stationary check on Valentines day!
Can't wait to see all you little Valentines, when we get back.
Have a GREEEAAATTT break :) (It'll fly by Aditi; don't be too sad about having the time to reeeelaxxxx)
Things to note:
Report conferences sign-up link: https://kchut.youcanbook.me
Report conferences dates: Feb 18-22 (you must scroll to the correct dates - there is no availability on any of the days before or after 18-22).
- SS: Finish your Seigneurial System DRAFT. We will have time on Monday to actually do it. You can also start on your minecraft one if you would like!
- Math: Quiz, TB pg 8 #1,2 and pg #1,4
- English: Week 10 Task 2, Finish reading Miranda's chapter (pg 248) - practice reading aloud; ASK 3 QUESTIONS on Eng GC
- Bring back your tests and permission form for the field trip!
- English: Finish reading up to page 264. Write jot notes. Write 3 questions, tell if they are answered and where.
- SS: Finish your Seigneurial System and practice your presentation (record it if you are doing Minecraft)
- News and Homework - PADLET questions (check your own questions and ask a parent if you do not know how to answer them with detail) We will answer them in class together with your group!
- Science: Find transformations of energy on GC
- Math: WB ph 6-7, FINISH THE SLIDES TOO! Turn it in when you're done.
- Tests signed: Art and English
- SS: Some students still need to hand in the Seigneurial System map or record it and share it with me (if you cannot email).
- Science: read page 16-17, write down the examples of energy transformations on that page
- Math: TB pg 18-19 #1,2,3,6,7
- English: From what we've watched so far, write 3 similarities and 3 differences from the book and movie.
- Get tests signed and brought back
- English: Finish reading "Sides", "August's house" and "The Boyfriend". Make jot notes on the questions - slide 75 in "Wonder Discussion & Comprehension" slides. Make 3 connections in total on your worksheet (You should have done one in class.)
- Math: Review slides - do it in your NB. Sign and correct test.
- Signed tests: Math and SS
- Science: Potential and Kinetic energy photos and label; first 4 words of the vocab chart.
- English: Finish reading "Bird" and answer the jot note questions on slide 76 and 77.
- SS: finish the 2 SS GC Q (you need to look at your TB for the questions)
- Bring back your tests signed and math test corrected too!
- Bring back your tests signed: Math, SS (2), Drama, Oral Communication
- Math WB pg 2-3
- SS: Finish making jot notes on pros and cons of the 4 different settlements
- English: Finish reading to "Goodbye" and finish jot notes to "My Cave"
- English: Week 10 Task 1
- Math: WB pg 4-5
- Math test; WB pg 64-67
- SS: finish jot notes on "consequences of the Fur Trade"
- English: Read Egyptian Tomb to Four Things and answer the google form (on english GC) You can continue your twist story brainstorm if you want!
- Science: you can prepare props/ brainpop video/ titles and information you want to print out/ your poster/ 3D diorama etc. (we will do the presentation script in school).
- Bring tests back signed - Science, Math, Art, English
- SS test: Reivew your TB and look at your jot notes and SS dictionary to study.
- Drama: GC Question and review the slides and roles.
- English: finish your star moment presentation CUE CARDS and rewrite your fairy tale main ideas - I posted the slides - look for the summaries we wrote as a class.
- Science: Continue your poster/ props/ websites at home. INCLUDE citations for information and photos!
- Do a sketch for your ART. Should be similar but not a COPY.
- English: Finish your fairy tale, revise and edit, and record on Flipgrid. Listening test is tomorrow.
- Drama: Review drama slides and roles.
- Math: WB pg 68-69
- Drama test: Review the slides on Drama GC!
- Math: TB pg 174-175 #1,2,3 Please put effort in drawing and labelling
- Science Fair presentation preparation - if you want to print at school get all your photos and text ready
- English: Memorize your science star moment presentation - be ready to present on FRIDAY
- Science OC presentation (including your star moment/ poster/ website etc)
- Math: WB pg 70,72,73
- English: Finish reading the chapters "Ex-Friends", "Snow", and "Fortune Favours the Bold". Answer the questions from slide 70 and 71. Answer question 4 on "Fortune Favours the Bold" on GC - google doc - add or create a doc on the assignment.
- English: PRACTICE YOUR PRESENTATION AND FINISH AND BRING IN ANY POSTERS/MODELS!!
- Bring back signed tests!!!!!! I have so many to give back, but some students still have not brought them back.
- English: Read to page 167. Answer the google form questions.
- Math: WB pg 71,74,75 and Circle graph slides (answer the slide questions except slide 4 and 5)
- Math TEST
This page will be updated daily with news, announcements, reminders and/or homework.