- Science: Go through the slides and watch the videos on Science GC about changing states of matter. Some students still need to show parents their assessments and then get it signed and brought back please.
- Math: Mathletics tasks (do all of them!) http://asia.mathletics.com/
- Sign the test, do corrections (do NOT use pencil on your test, do not erase anything)
- Mathletics (even if you did it but got less than 80 you need to try again - you get up to 3 tries!)
- Write a simile about yourself and write a text-to-self connection from any of the chapters we read today ("Home" to "Lamb in the Slaughter") make sure you refer to the text by giving page numbers.
- Science: In your NB, reflect on your prediction. Was it correct? What was the result? What happened? What effect did the salt have?
- English: Vocab task 2, English signed vocab test, update your word wall
- Math: some people still need to get their test signed and write corrections.
- Social Studies test - review your vocabulary dictionary/ add words into the dictionary, finish the review: show what you know!
- English: find the main points and write a short summary on the chapter (one to Ten). Use the summary page in your white NB to help you.
- Math: WB pg 50-51
- Still missing some signed tests (math and english)
- Science: Google drawing of the Forever Frosty experiment (experiment 1 and experiment 2, label them, and write what happened (the results)).
- English Vocab quiz: Study your vocab study chart!
- READING ATTITUDE SURVEY - some students need to hand this back to me (Harris, Joon, Abbu, William)
- Math test: Review is on google classroom.
- English: Summary for "The Grand Tour"
- English: Vocab Week 5 Task 1 AND some students need to write a summary of "The Grand Tour" and "Performance Space"
- SS: Finish you INNU/ WENDAT slides, and practice presenting it - that means you need to be an expert in what you are saying!
- Science: Signed conversation assessment
- Math: TB pg 116 #1,3,4,5,6,7
- Practice Drama performance. Pick a photo for your background. Watch the green screen video on Drama GC
- English: Vocab task 2
- SS: Wendat/ Innu Venn diagram and add to your SS dictionary (Alliance, Enemy, treaty, consensus
- Math: pg119 #1,3,4,5,6
Things to note:
- ECAs start this week!
- Math test next Tuesday
- Hiking Club: Get your permission form from Ms. Maves.
- English: Mini quiz
- Math TB pg 66-67 #1,2,3,4,5,6
- Fill out the EL@DSC survey by 11pm
- Drama: Practice your Quarrelling Colours Script
- Math: TB pg 69-70 #1,2,3,4,5
- English Vocab quiz
- Math test
Things to note:
- ECAs start next week (Oct 3rd), schedule is posted on weebly under "Students", then "ECAs" IF YOU ARE IN TENNIS CLUB, YOU NEED YOUR OWN TENNIS RACKET.
- Dress casual on Friday 6th- $20 to support the earthquake in Mexico
- EL@DSC Signup closes on the 3rd- link to the survey is on the form sent home and in your parent's email.
For Tuesday (don't come to school on Monday):
- Science Conversation Assessment: study using the slides and questions on Google Classroom
- Math WB: pg30-31
- English: Mini quiz
- Practice Drama quarrelling colours script.
Questions to ask your child:
- What's oopy goopy? What's a non-Newtonian fluid?
- What are quarrelling colours? What colour are you?
- What's a quotient? How do we estimate to find one?
- Why do you have a class passport, and how does it work?
- What's the class instagram so I can see what's going on in 5D?
Have a fabulous long weekend!
- Ms. Chut
Things to note:
- ECAs start next week (Oct 3rd), schedule will be posted on weebly when I find out
- Dress casual on Friday - $20 to support community chest
- Science Conversation Assessment (Tuesday)
- EL@DSC Signup starts at 6PM - link to the survey is on the form sent home.
- Hot and cold liquids google drawing AND EXPLANATION. Describe what happened before the yellow card was pulled out and WHY it happened. (This was supposed to be due today)
- Parents need to sign the test.
- Write your corrections on another sheet - the format of corrections is on Google classroom.
- Watch the videos and write 2 things that you notice about reader's theatre on Google classroom.
- Finish your drawing, label it, and write a short explanation. You need to explain WHY the balloon expanded or didn't expand. Use the word "displace" in your answer.
- Add words into your Science Vocab dictionary.
- Wonder vocab week 4 task 1
- Pg 26-27
- This was due on TUESDAY: Parents need to sign the test; Write your corrections on another sheet - the format of corrections is on Google classroom.
- Comparing roles T-chart (Google classroom)
- Add displace into your Science vocab: The act of pushing or moving something out of the way is called displacement
- TB pg 59,60 #1,2,3,5,6,7,8 WB pg 28
- NB Compound subject worksheet
- English: Vocab Week 4 Task 2 - make sure you submit it!
- Social studies: Comparing Roles t-chart (some students are not finished this)
For Next Tuesday:
- Science: Conversation assessment (You can do practice with the review on Science Google classroom)
- Read 20 mins each night!
- English: Dear Future Me (share it with me or write it out and hand it to me)
- Science: Hot and Cold liquid experiment DRAWING and EXPLANATION on science GC
- Drama: Watch the videos, tell me 2 things that you notice about reader's theatre!
- Do you have something you can bring in for us to use in our talking circle?
Questions you can ask your child:
- How come hot water is less dense than cold water?
- What's an emotion orchestra?
- What is summarizing?
- What's a talking circle?
Things to note:
- Math test is tomorrow
- After school tutoring begins this week
- Please bring back any forms that were sent home
- Social Studies: Answer the Google Classroom question.
- Math: WB 20-21 and finish the review on Math GC (google classroom) to study for the test. You can also do mathletics
- Science: Some students still need to answer the science question on GC (google classroom)
- English: Students that did not finish their personality trait face need to colour and cut it out.
- English Vocab Week 3 Task 1
- Open School evening is from 6-7pm
- Math: TB pg 49 #1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- English: Wonder vocab week 3 task 2
- Math: WB pg 24-25 and your multiplication chart if you haven't finished!
- Science: add density into your science vocab chart!
It's been another good week. Have a relaxing weekend!
- SMART GOAL! You need to finalize your SMART GOALS. You should have one academic one and one personal one. Use the poster on Homework GC to help you.
- Math: Review for the test, there is a review assignment on Math GC (google classroom)
- Science: There is a question on Science GC
- English: finish your draft for the character traits! Anchor chart is on English GC. Turn in task 2 if you haven't already.
Questions to ask your child about:
- What is Dot Day?
- What is your class job?
- What's the difference between physical and personality traits?
- What is matter? What's the difference between solids, liquids, and gases?
- What is mental math? How does it work for adding and subtracting?
- What class novel are we reading?
Hope you all had a fun weekend.
- Science: Finish your jot notes from Wonderopolis "Does Matter Really Matter?" Remember, only jot the notes down if you think it is important information! The Wonderopolis website has been posted on Google Classroom. FOR ESL- please open the science vocab document (also on google classroom), look at the words, and translate it to your language!
- English: Wonder Vocab Week 1 Task 2 - #3,4,5. Make sure you use FULL sentences (by taking from the questions), capital letters, and punctuation. Most of you have already finished, please make sure you TURN IT IN.
**Make sure you have your Wonder book, and the little white notebook with you**
- Answer the poll on "Social Sharing" google classroom about our class read aloud book.
- English: Wonder Vocab Week 2 Task 1 ALL questions a) and b). Some students still have not sent me their "Dear Future Me" letter! Share or send please!
- Math: TB pg 36 #1,3,4,5,6 and WB pg 14-15
- Social Studies: Add 'artifact', 'oral tradition', and 'elder' into your dictionary. We will go over them tomorrow, so please write your own definition based on what you remember from class!
- Science: If you didn't finish your WONDEROPOLIS JOT NOTES from yesterday, please complete that.
Things to note: ECA forms have been handed out. Hand them in ASAP or you may be waitlisted. PINK SHIRT DAY forms were handed out too, please bring them back by Friday.
- Math: WB pg16,17,18,19. You don't have to do page 17 question #2
- Social Studies: Add 'primary source' and 'secondary source' to your dictionary. Fix your dictionary so that its in alphabetical order A-Z
- go to the social sharing google classroom and vote for a class book!
-English: Week 2 task 2. Use the vocab expectation chart! AND think about words that describe your personality!
-Math: TB pg 46 #1,2,3,4
NEXT TUESDAY: Math test Lesson 1-5
- Ms. Chut
WHEW! First week done!
- Textbook (TB) pg. 32-33 #2,3,5,6
- On Google Classroom (GC) please answer #3a) and b). If you want to go above and beyond or for more practice, I suggest doing ALL the questions.
Have a great weekend, 5D! Don't forget, you can post on the "Social Sharing" classroom to show us what you get up to this weekend!
- Ms. Chut
This page will be updated daily with news, announcements, and/or homework.